Following our recent partnership with Travelife, Wild Asia is proud to announce the 2-day ‘Sustainability for Tour Operators’ training course organized by Travelife this October in Bangkok. The free course is targeted at tour operators (company executives, contracting and marketing managers) and travel associations and tourism boards.
Dates: The training will be provided twice
- 17th & 18th October (Wednesday & Thursday)
- 24th & 25th October (Wednesday & Thursday)
Venue: Bangkok, Thailand (exact venue TBC)
After completion of the training, participants will be offered support in the use and implementation of the knowledge, methods and tools that have been acquired in the training. This support will be in the form of follow-up meetings and individual coaching sessions. The ultimate goal is to prepare travel operators for sustainability certification in order to increase your competitiveness in the global markets.
The training will be conducted by Chris Thompson and Naut Kausters, both leaders and practitioners in sustainable tourism with more than 20 and 15 years’ experience individually. The training is designed to be hands-on and interactive using a variety of learning techniques.
What will you learn?
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the concept of sustainability in tourism
- Recognize the key environmental, social and economic impacts of tourism
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of tour operators (inbound/outbound)
- Identify the types of actions tour operators can take in the field of transport, accommodation, excursions and customer communication
- Identify quick wins for your own business and for your suppliers
- Set realistic sustainability targets and identify methods of measuring success
- Identify personal sustainability USP’s (Unique Selling Points)
- Communicate sustainability achievements in an effective way to your clients
- Use your sustainability achievements to create more business (marketing)
How to register?
Book early as training slots fill up quickly. To register, complete the registration form below and email to email@example.com. You will receive a confirmation upon successful registration.
Choose from the two dates: 17th & 18th October (Wednesday & Thursday) OR 24th & 25th October (Wednesday & Thursday)
Cost: Free of charge. Sign up now!
Registration deadline: 30th September 2012.
Participants should have relevant experience in the tourism business and master the English language on professional level.
Stay in touch for the latest training updates and sign up for Wild Asia’s e-alerts.
Download the Agenda and Registration Form[Download not found]
- TEATA, Thai Eco and Adventure Tour operator Association
- ATTA, Association of Thai Travel Agencies
- ABTA, The British Travel Association
- ANVR, The Dutch Association of Tour operators and Travel Agents
- CBI, Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries
- IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
- Travelife, Sustainability in Tourism
- Wild Asia, Responsible Tourism Initiative
Wild Asia & Travelife
For more than ten years Wild Asia has been working across Asia championing the benefits and potential of developing a tourism industry that benefits local places and people through their Responsible Tourism Initiative (RTI). Wild Asia’s RTI works with businesses to improve their social and environmental practices to meet and exceed global standards. By creating partnerships with businesses within the industry, they aim to inspire and create change to benefit our environment, wildlife, people and communities.
Travelife, developed in 2005, was set up to support an efficient and cost effective introduction of sustainability principles for the tourism industry. They offer industry-wide standards for sustainability management and certification and provide best practice guidance and support for tour operators implementing them through the provision of training, tools and references. Travelife, originally initiated in Europe, is already supported by more than 15 national travel associations who promote Travelife across their members.
The partnership with Travelife is a perfect marriage of values. Wild Asia will be the Asia based Travelife delivery partner, offering training and support to tour operators across the region. Tour operators will benefit greatly from having locally based expertise at hand.
Together, the sustainability partners will support tour operators achieve green accreditations, enhancing the tourism offer for customers and improve marketing for the region. Adopting responsible tourism principles through the Travelife training programme and management systems will not only improve participants’ corporate social responsibility profile, it will also provide significant cost saving opportunities, enhance relationships with staff and host communities, and open doors to new marketing avenues.
If you are a tour operator based or operating in South East Asia and are interested in beginning your journey towards sustainability, please contact Wild Asia to enquire more about joining the Travelife scheme. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’ve been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pгetty worth еnough fοr me.
Perѕonally, if аll website oωneгs and bloggers mаԁe good content аs yοu did, the nеt will be much moгe uѕeful than evег bеforе.
Indore Tourism says
This information about Travel And Tourism is very nice and very useful for me. Thank you for sharing this information.
Find Software for Tour Operators says
Yes i am agree with the comment of ‘Alexandra’. This one is really informative for all the travel lovers. I found this one very helpful for my work. Thank you so much author for sharing this post with us.