Do you want your responsible tourism story heard at Asia’s biggest business-to-business travel trade show?
Well, we want to hear from you!
Every year, we invite inspirational tourism businesses and projects from across Asia to submit their inspiring story. Have you empowered local people? Saved a rare wildlife species? Protected an area’s cultural heritage? All through the power of using tourism as a force for good? Get in touch.
Inspiring Stories from Destinations is an annual competition providing an international platform for tourism players to get their story heard at ITB Asia. We seek exciting stories from organisations and individuals who have found in themselves a passion to make a difference in the travel industry and leave a legacy for the next generation.
Check out our 2011 and 2012 Inspiring Stories.
What we’re looking for?
The selection of successful stories is based on the authenticity of the story, creative and innovative elements and the power to inspire others towards making responsible tourism a reality. (Terms below)
What’s in it for you?
- Top 3 Winners will receive complimentary tickets to ITB Asia and 5 minutes each to share their story on the Responsible Tourism stage to an audience of likeminded tourism professionals and potential customers
- Top 10 Winners will have their story published on the Wild Asia website
- Top 10 Winners will benefit from international PR via our array of travel media partners
How to enter
Submit your stories in any of the following form:
- In words; no more than 1,500 words
- Video; no more than 5 minutes
- Slideshow; no more than 20 slides
- Podcast; no more than 5 minutes
Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th August, 2013 (Friday). Please title your email “RT Stories for RT Event at ITB Asia 2013″ and include your Name, Email, Organization and Destination in your email. Successful applicants will be notified via email by 13th September, 2013.
Inspiring Stories is part of the annual Responsible Tourism networking events that started in 2009. Organised and supported by ITB Asia, Wild Asia, The Blue Yonder Associates and The Green Circuit, this annual event hopes to bring together sustainable tourism practitioners to share, engage, learn and be inspired to make a difference.
Terms & Conditions
- Previous winners of Inspiring Stories (Top 3 or Top 10) cannot apply
- 2013 Finalists of the Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards cannot apply
- Past Winners of the Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards cannot apply
- Businesses or projects that are part of The Blue Yonder Associates or The Green Circuit cannot apply
- Business or project must be based in Asia
- Free entry to ITB Asia for Top 3 Winners on the day of the Inspiring Stories event (TBC) only (travel to and from Singapore or accommodation to attend the event is not included)
- Stories are judged by a panel of responsible tourism experts and their decision is final
- Applicants acknowledge that the Top 10 Winners of Inspiring Stories 2013 will have their story, images, (presentation of Top 3) published on the Wild Asia website
Hello, Last year we placed in the Top 10 for our ‘Mulberry Learning Center’ Inspiring story. We would like to apply with a story about a new cultural tour we offer with the Moken on Koh Surin, an otherwise mass tourism area. This is a totally different community and different facet of our business. Can we apply? Thank you!
Sounds interesting! Yes, you may apply if it is an entirely new story. Follow the instructions above. Thanks, Wild Asia x
Great article. Useful information. Thanks for sharing this information.
This web designs will be very useful for the
tours and travels company.And the designs are good. Nice one.
Dream Destinations is a tour division started in Chennai
with excellent packages…they are nice destinations..
The specialized tour packages are across Kerala, Tamilnadu and Goa