We are looking for change-makers in the tourism industry to speak up and inspire others! Join our panel of speakers and share your story.
RESPONSIBLE TOURISM EVENTS AT ITB ASIA | 25-27 OCTOBER 2017
Be heard at one of Asia’s largest travel trade shows – ITB Asia!
Submission deadline: 14 July 2017
The United Nations has proclaimed 2017 as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development, in recognition of the tremendous potential of the tourism industry, which accounts for some 10% of the world’s economic activity, to contribute to the fight against poverty and create a positive impact in destinations and communities around the world.
This is your opportunity to take an active role and share your knowledge and experience at the Asia’s largest travel trade show. We are looking for sustainable tourism practitioners who are seeking to inspire others in making tourism a driver for change socially, environmentally and economically for Asian destinations. We are looking for papers/presentations on the following topics:
- Social responsibility – case studies, best practices and how to make it a part of your business
- Empowering communities through community-based tourism
- Preserving wildlife and natural ecosystems for the next generation
- Inspiring travelers to care about people and nature
- Sustainable tourism and storytelling – how to share the stories well
Closing date for submissions 14 July, 2017 (Friday).
Presentations must address the following:
Relevance to Asian-based tourism operators and helps promote the mainstreaming of responsible tourism in Asia
With case studies, please share lessons learned and outcomes of the project/program.
To apply, email us and include the following:
- Name and speaker’s bio
- Presentation title: The title should aim to be precise and concise so that it conveys a clear message
- Presentation abstract: Abstract should contain brief summary of the content areas of your proposed topic
- Paper to accompany your presentation abstract (if any) or supporting information
Note to speakers:
- All speakers must be able to cover their travel and accommodation costs.
- Speakers will be given a complimentary speaker pass that includes access to the trade show for the day of your presentation.
- Speakers will be given permission to display brochures or other collaterals during the time of their presentation.
- Speakers will be notified if their presentation has been accepted by 30 July, 2017.
Submission of Paper/Presentation:
Please email your paper or presentation, including an abstract to Deborah Chan at email@example.com before 14 July, 2017 (Friday).