Do you want your responsible tourism story heard at Asia’s biggest business-to-business travel trade show?
This year, Wild Asia together with Gaia Discovery is on a lookout for inspiring travel stories from within the industry. We are inviting exceptional tourism businesses and projects from across Asia to submit their inspiring story.
Have you empowered local people? Saved a rare wildlife species? Protected an area’s cultural heritage? Innovated ways to run a tourism business that is kinder to the environment? Have you through the power of tourism used it as a force for good? We want to hear your story.
Inspiring Stories from Destinations is an annual competition providing an international platform for tourism players to get their story heard at ITB Asia in Singapore. The competition seeks exciting stories from organisations and individuals who have found in themselves a passion to make a difference in the travel industry and leave a legacy for the next generation.
What we’re looking for?
The selection of successful stories is based on the authenticity of the story, creative and innovative elements and the power to inspire others towards making responsible tourism a reality. (Terms below)
What’s in it for you?
- Top 3 Winners will receive complimentary tickets to ITB Asia’s Responsible Tourism Events and will be given 15 minutes each to share their story on the Responsible Tourism stage to an audience of like minded tourism professionals and potential customers.
- Top 3 Winners will have their story published on the Wild Asia’s website and Gaia Discovery’s website.
- Top 3 Winners will benefit from the reach of both Wild Asia and Gaia Discovery’s social media networks.
How to enter
Submit your stories in any of the following form:
- In words; no more than 1,000 words
- Video; no more than 5 minutes
- Slideshow; no more than 15 slides
Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th September 2014 (Sunday). Please title your email “RT Stories for RT Event at ITB Asia 2014″ and include your Name, Email, Organization and Destination in your email. Successful applicants will be notified via email by 30th September, 2014. Winners will be invited to speak at ITB Asia (terms below).
Inspiring Stories is part of the annual Responsible Tourism networking events that started in 2009. Organised and supported by ITB Asia, Wild Asia and this year with the inclusion of Gaia Discovery, this annual event hopes to bring together sustainable tourism practitioners to share, engage, learn and be inspired to make a difference.
Terms & Conditions
- Previous winners of Inspiring Stories (Top 3 or Top 10) cannot apply.
- 2014 Finalists of the Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards cannot apply.
- Past Winners of the Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards cannot apply.
- Businesses or projects that have current engagements with Wild Asia and/or Gaia Discovery cannot apply.
- Business or project must be based in Asia.
- Free entry to ITB Asia for Top 3 Winners on the day of the Inspiring Stories event (TBC) only. Travel to and from Singapore or accommodation to attend the event is not included.
- Stories are judged by a panel of responsible tourism experts and their decision is final.
- Applicants acknowledge that the Top 3 Winners of Inspiring Stories 2014 will have their story and images published on Wild Asia and Gaia Discovery websites.
Inspiring Stories From Destinations is a competition jointly organized by ITB Asia, Wild Asia and Gaia Discovery.