2015 Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards
Terms and Conditions
- All applications must be completed in English and not in capital letters.
- Applications must be submitted to Wild Asia no later than 15th May. Applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only companies based in Asia may enter. Companies providing services in these regions, but not based within the region will not be considered.
- Only complete entries and documents requested will be considered.
- Businesses may submit more than one entry in different categories per year except if they are applying for a Most Inspiring category.
- Winners and Finalists from 2013 and/or 2014 cannot reapply in 2015. We will welcome your application in coming years.
- Businesses currently contracting Wild Asia for consultancy services cannot apply.
- Applications must provide full contact details for two independent references not directly associated with the business. Only references for the selected Finalists will be contacted.
- You may include a web link as part of your response to the application form questions in order to share additional information on related topics, however, please note that the Judges are not required to review all information on the web page. To be safe, copy the most important information into the application form.
- Selected Finalists may be asked to provide supporting materials. If sent before requested, these will not be accepted these as part of your application.
- Applicants and/or Finalists should contact Wild Asia with any questions about the judging process. The Award Applicants and/or Finalists may not contact any individual members of the Judging Advisory Panel prior to the Awards ceremony without the approval from Wild Asia. Wild Asia will not provide Judges’ contact details to applicants without prior permission.
- Wild Asia may share Winners’ and/or Finalists’ contact details with trusted official Media Partners to facilitate the production of feature articles on the Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards.
- Finalists and/or Winners of the Awards may not disclose any of the judging material developed by Wild Asia to any third party without prior consent from Wild Asia.
- Wild Asia shall not disclose any information to third parties from application forms of those who are selected as a Finalist.
- By applying for the Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards, the applicant consents that in the case of being selected as a Finalists or Winner, Wild Asia will be publishing case studies on the Wild Asia website based on the evidence provided in the entire application and judging process.
- By applying for the Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards, the applicant confirms that he/she has reviewed and agrees to the selection criteria as outlined on our website.
- Finalists and Winners are selected by our Judging Advisory Panel on a ‘majority rules’ basis and this decision is final.
- Applying for the Awards is free. Applicants accept that they will be expected to cover the on-site Assessor’s accommodation, meal, and within destination travel costs (selected Finalists only) at your location only (e.g. free room at your hotel). (Wild Asia cover the Assessor’s travel to/from your location, and their staff time if required).
Opportunities to Request Additional Feedback
& Appeal Procedure
Wild Asia believes that all Applicants’ have the right to receive feedback on their Application. If you have any concern over the decisions made in our Awards, we believe concerns need to be fairly addressed. If any Applicant or stakeholder has any complaints or grievances to be made against the decisions of Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards, they are welcomed to submit this directly to Wild Asia. An outline of the process is as follows:
- Submit request of feedback to Wild Asia.
- Wild Asia will send Applicant standard format feedback, within 7 days (unless stated otherwise), of the key reasons why the Applicant was not successful in progressing further in our Awards.
- If you would like support implementing the suggested recommendations, please get in touch, Wild Asia can provide support on the ground.
- If you are in disagreement with the decision, send your appeal to Wild Asia.
- Wild Asia will review the appeal internally within 7 days, and respond with clarification. If it is a complaint against the Judge’s decisions, Wild Asia will review the Award documentation and summarise the key points raised by the Judges.
- If the complainant is still unsatisfied with this explanation, they may make an appeal to the Judging Panel.
a) Wild Asia will compile the award documentation and correspondences between Wild Asia and the complainant.
b) The Judging Panel will be asked to verify the judging results and to review if the complaint has any merit.
c) The Judging Panel will advise Wild Asia on a recommended course of action.
- Wild Asia will respond officially to the complainant within 14 days of the re-appeal (Point #4).
- Wild Asia will act upon the recommendations outlined by the Judging Panel.
- At this point, the Judging Panel and Wild Asia will no longer entertain any further queries or complaints if the issue had been raised according the the process outlined above.